Sunday, 18 April 2010

Introduction

This picture shows a scene of a swimming meet. There are a lot of pupils on the grandstand supporting their team.

Situation 1--Normal Situation

The pupils on the grandstand are very enthusiastic as they are supporting and cheering for their team. I think it is the right thing to do as it is all about team spirit. They do not just play their own game among themselves but, instead, support their teammate and this is also about the values of friendship .How I wish I can be there too to participate as it is so thrilling,

Situation 2--Cause and Effect

On the announcer’s table, there are three announcers writing on some paper. Unfortunately the announcer on the centre seat cannot get her paper as the wind blew it away. In my opinion, the two other announcers are not helpful. If I were there, I will there ask them to help out as the lady in the centre sear is in trouble and need help badly as the paper might drop into the swimming pool and get wet or worse ,distract the swimmer and cause them to drown. However the lady should be careful next time as it is very careless of her to allow the paper to fly away and it is to dangerous as it may cause a accident.

Situation 3--Normal Situation

The pool has been divide into 4 lanes. In each lane, there is a representive from each group which is competing for the gold medal and has the desire to win. I think that is the real thing to do as they are all striving for excellence, which is an Olympic value. At the end of the pool, there is a row of time keeper keeping track of their time.

Situation 4--Wrong and Consquence

On the lane of the green group, the representive has a leg cramp and is struggling in the water. The lifeguard, instead of noticing it, is talking through the phone and even laughing. The timekeeper for the green group is shouting to alert the lifeguard but he is seems to be oblivious to the surrounding. I think that his action can cause a life and is not do his job well. If the boy drowns, he will have to bear the consequence. If the boss sees what have happen, he may lose his job as a life guard. If I am the time keeper, I will immediately rush up to him and tell him to save the boy and after while I will lodge a complain against him for not take his job seriously. I can empathize with the timekeeper as the lifeguard is overboard. It is normal for him to be angry as a lifeguard job is to be prepared every time and every where as long as he is having his duty.

Conclusion:

Swimming is good sports which do not has to pay much and just need to have a pool to swimming in. However, before we swim, we must do some warm-up exercise to prevent us for legs cramp. We must also follow the safety rules when we swim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment