Saturday, 17 April 2010

Oral practice 3 (Ward)

Introduction

This picture show a scene of a hospital ward .It is spacious, bright, and clean. I think that this is the visiting hours as there are some people visiting the patient. 

Situation 1--Normal Situation

There is an elderly man on the bed. He has his right leg in a cast as he had fractured his leg. Beside him on his right was an efficient nurse showing concern to him. I think that the uncle is in pain and the nurse is comforting him. I think that the nurse is telling him that if he receives treatment, he will have a speedy recovery.

In my opinion, I think that the nurse is doing the right thing as it is her duty to do so.

If I am beside her, I will praise her in front of the elderly for being as caring nurse.

Situation 2--Cause and Effect
There are two mischievous children a boy and a girl playing tag. Look on their faces, they are having fun. However they are not allowed to do so. They, by do that may disturb the patient who might be sleeping, resting or even in pain. They might even trip and fell. If they trip, they might wail and it will too disturb, or worse, they might hit the patient or medical equipment. As playing tag is not right, I will suggest they play on the field or quadrangle.

Beside the bed on the chair is a fuming lady starting at the children. According to her expression, I can tell that she is not satisfied and think that it is affecting the patient she is visiting and personally herself.

If I am the lady, I cannot tolerate the children and i will ask them to leave and return to their parent, instead of shouting and chide them as I cannot do so. I can tell how the lady feels as I experience it before.

If I am the children's parents, I will feel ashamed of myself as I fail to teach my child to be considerate.

Conclusion:

We had confidence in our future.Singapore is a very good healthcare programme and even people from oversea come here to seek treatment. Also we must be considerate to other if we want other to be considerate.

1 comment:

  1. Good job. I see effort put in. Edit it for tense errors. No past tense.

    Keep up this attitude. Care to revise the speech on the beach and the birthday celebration? Or is that your best already?

    ReplyDelete